Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meet our new Executive Director!!!

Greetings everyone! My name is Colleen Bush, and I am the new Executive Director for Phi Sigma Rho. I am thrilled to be involved with the sorority again, and to be a part of such a hard working and dedicated group!

I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio and moved to Columbus to attend The Ohio State University, where I became a member of the Kappa Class of the Beta Chapter. I graduated from OSU in 1996 with my Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, and again in 2000 with my Master of Science in Civil Engineering. I married my high school sweetheart Dave in 1996. I began my career in structural engineering in Columbus, designing large steel and concrete structures for bulk material handling facilities. In 2000, Dave and I decided to move back to Cincinnati to be closer to our families. In Cincinnati, I worked for a medium size consulting firm designing commercial and residential buildings. I maintained sole responsibility for the projects I undertook, including client acquisition, contract negotiations, and design documents.

After returning to Cincinnati, Dave and I started our family. We are now the proud parents of four fantastic children: Abby (6 years old), Katie (4 1/2 years old), Tyler ( 2 1/2 years old) and Jason (8 months old).

In November of last year, I made the decision to leave my job so that I could focus on raising our family full-time. I am very fortunate to have this opportunity and I feel that it is right for us. I love being with my children and helping them to learn and grow. At the same time, I am also excited about becoming the sorority's new Executive Director, so that I can continue to encourage and support the next generation of women preparing for their own careers in the technical fields.

Feel free to drop me a line any time to chat or just say hi. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and building some great new Phi Rho memories together!


Colleen (O'Connell) Bush
Ohio State - Beta Alumna
colleen.bush.phirho@gmail.com

No comments: