Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Meet our new Director of Operations!

Meet one of our new employees, Phi Sigma Rho's first Director of Operations:

I grew up in Northeast Ohio. I graduated from The Ohio State University in 2002 with a B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering. I joined Phi Sigma Rho during my sophomore year (since I transferred to OSU) in 1997 as part of the Upsilon Class at the Beta Chapter. I lived in the house during my last 2 years at OSU and have many many fond memories!

I've held several jobs since graduation at McKesson in Richmond, VA, Limited Brands in Columbus, Ohio, National City Bank in Cleveland, Oh and most recently with Exel Logistics, which is based out of Westerville, OH but I work from home in Akron, Ohio. All of my positions have been focused on process improvements, project management and labor management. I am a Six Sigma Black Belt, a certified Project Manager (PMP), and am certified in labor standard methodologies. In August of 2008 I completed my MBA at Ashland University.

With all that being said, I've recently decided to quit corporate america! I have spent over 75% of my career traveling and away from my family and it's beginning to be too much to handle especially now that I have two little ones at home! I've decided to re-focus my life on the things that I place the highest value on. Although I'm going to be a full-time mom to Lucy (2 1/2 years old) and Gretchen (6 months old), I did not want to lose myself and everything that I worked for. The opportunity with the sorority came at a great time because it honestly answered my prayers of finding some middle ground! My best friends are my Phi Rho sisters and the older I get the more I realize what an impact Phi Sigma Rho has had on my life -- I honestly can't imagine where I would be today without the experiences I've shared with some wonderful women who have pushed me and challenged me to achieve more and to be a better person and a better mother. All of these women are, of course, my Phi Rho Sisters! I'm also blessed to have a supportive husband, Brian (can't forget to mention him!)

I feel privileged to be professionally a part of the organization that has helped make me who I am today and I hope to help Phi Sigma Rho continue to grow and provide similar experiences for many women to come!

Lisa (Preebe) Canterbury
DirectorofOperations@phisigmarho.org
Ohio State - Beta Alumna

No comments: