Sunday, December 13, 2009

Phi Sigma Rho Newsletter

At Phi Sigma Rho we support sustainability and are considering switching to an electronic format of our biannual newsletter. We like having a formal publication that is delivered by mail twice a year, but are considering all the options that are available to us. We'd like to hear your thoughts on this! You can e-mail vpofalumnaeaffairs@phisigmarho.org or reply to this post!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like staying connected via mail and not just e-mail.

Sarah N Fisk said...

I would prefer an electronic version. I would like the Sorority to spend the money they spend on printing and postage on things that will truly benefit the members of the Sorority.

Some will definitely prefer regular mail, however, so I would say to do both and let each person choose their option.

Stephanie Gagliardi said...

I agree with letting people choose electronic or mail. Snail mail makes it more personal, and its nice to get something in the mail sometimes other than just a bill or junk. Perhaps we could explore recycled paper sources, or switch to one snail mail and one electronic per year.

Anonymous said...

The Sorority newsletter is not just about giving sisters information, but about keeping track of sisters! By sending "post office" mailings every 6 months, the Sorority can obtain new addresses of sisters who move. Thus, the Bylaws requirement of distributing a newsletter a minimum 2 times a year. Only when the Sorority does not want to keep track of alumnae mailing addresses anymore, then the post office mailings will no longer be important.

Here are a few suggestions to reduce costs: printing - do not use color, only black and white; printing - reduce the number of pages to 4-6 pages instead of 12; and post office - reduce the pages to meet a lower weight limit in order to mail at a cheaper nonprofit standard mail rate.

Anonymous said...

I prefer electronic version myself, but see the point about a paper copy. I think switching to one paper copy and one e-version a year is an excellent idea.

I think it would be hard to track who wants an e version and who wants paper. But if someone has a good way of doing this, I say go for it!

Also, recycled paper and envelopes are a better option.