Thursday, April 30, 2009

More from Pittsburgh! A look at where Convention will be...

I grew up in Pittsburgh, so celebrating 25 years there with you all is very exciting for me! I spent this past weekend there and did the tourist thing in Station Square, up the incline to Mt. Washington, and downtown. I thought I'd share a few pictures of the view from Mt. Washington for you all to convince you to come join us in Pittsburgh - since we'll be spending Friday night here!

Here's a view looking up from the Monongahela Incline as we headed up Mt. Washington:


Station Square (where we'll be Friday night) from the top:


The Point, with Heinz Field (Go Steelers!) and PNC Park (There's a Pirate game on Friday, July 17th if you're interested) in the background:


Downtown Pittsburgh:


Pittsburgh is not only the "Steel City", but the "City of Bridges" with 446 bridges!:


The next two pictures are from Station Square - the Bessemer Court fountains and some old steel mill historic statues:

This is in downtown Pittsburgh, the PPG (Pittsburgh Plate Glass) Center Buildings, which are my favorite. Primanti Brothers, home of the world famous sandwiches, is located in the market area.

I just wanted to share a little with on the city that I love and hope you guys will get to see it yourself in a few months!

See you in Pittsburgh,
Nikki Yovanof
VP of PRogramming

No comments: