Hi, Phi Rho sisters! My name is Monique Chinchar and I am your new Vice President of Alumnae Affairs (VPAA) – so I confess, I’m the culprit behind the weekly e-mails you’ve been receiving since early November, when I was appointed to the position. Check me out at www.phisigmarho.org/nationals.
The main purpose of my position is to do whatever I can to facilitate communication with our Alumnae sisters – including communication within Alumnae groups, between National Council and all Alumnae, and between individual Alumnae sisters. Although we are starting to use blogs (such as this) and social networking sites for communication, e-mail is still the most efficient and widely used format to deliver Phi Rho news and information. So you can look forward to continuing to receive weekly or bi-weekly e-mail from me – there’s just so much going on that I have to share with all of you, and I want you all to be well-informed and not miss any opportunities!
2009 will be an exciting and important year for our Sorority, as we will be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Phi Sigma Rho. There is a great deal of planning going into Convention 2009 (July 16 – 19, 2009 in Pittsburgh, PA), and whether you can make it or not, there is plenty of opportunity to get involved. Visit www.phisigmarho.org/convention2009 for details, or contact the Convention Committee at Convention2009@phisigmarho.org if you have questions – or just watch your inbox for my e-mails!
Information about new and existing programs/resources for Alumnae and Actives can be found at www.phisigmarho.org, but if you’re not a frequent visitor to the website, I want to be sure that you don’t miss out. So you will receive communications from me or from your Alumnae Association Chair about opportunities to get involved. You can be a volunteer that helps provide these programs/resources, as well as a recipient of the benefits that they have to offer!
I think this is a very exciting time to be a Phi Rho. I’m in my 9th year of sisterhood, and the drastic rate of improvement I’ve witnessed year after year is amazing. We just keep getting better – but what else would you expect from a group of engineering women? That’s what engineering is about – continuous improvement! My mission is to do my best to engage as many Alumnae sisters as possible, to help you take advantage of everything Phi Rho has to offer you after graduation, and to help you keep the bonds of sisterhood going strong between Alumnae sisters.
So that’s why I’m always e-mailing you … but I promise to try not to bombard you! I’d love to hear back from you at VPofAlumnaeAffairs@phisigmarho.org.
PRL,
Monique =)
No comments:
Post a Comment